Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Girl Factor !!!!


New feminism is about being gorgeous in skin and daring in attitude. There’s a need to tone-down the glamour part in oneself to look original, natural and comfortably confident.

Today be it any advertisement or various parties, the glamour factor are always and only girls. What’s the individualism they show other than being the glamour faces. I strongly believe and want girls to realise their real potential and not totally depend on the guys around for every teenie meenies of their lives. They have to respect and believe in themselves to make others believe in them.

I am bold n independent enough to be myself and not pretend. I won’t say I am a feminist.. (I don’t actually like the word.. sounds so stubborn noh!!!! :o) but yes I don’t like stupid differentiation for being a girl (though ofcourse, I love being a girl for him, I like reading chick lits and watching crazy movies… guess that’s the choice difference and not the question on one’s potential). I also don’t want the situation of defending a label ("feminist") that has always been common sense and represented a hope for equality across (if not an end to) all binaries, gendered or otherwise.

I have gained a lot from my mom’s thoughts and the boldness she had in herself, the charm that resided in her, that made everyone love her even after the revolutionary changes she adopted. She has always been my idol and every thought she told me is like a clear written paper in my mind. Through the wrongs and rights in life, I have learnt being a girl is not easy, it’s a need to be even more bold and intelligent, to realise the beauty inside and be confident in whatever they do and wherever they go. Then only they can make a stand and be respected for what they are!!!

(Friends must be wondering what’s wrong with me, why suddenly I am sounding like a preacher, but for all the gals I know, I would say adjust and sacrifice for the people you love but never loose yourself !! )

PS: Everyone loved you initially, for what you are and not what you will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts