Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Fun-tastic – Beat the heat weekend party!!!


These days, a finger food appetizers meal isn't enough to please guests in the parties- to really impress one has to tickle their comforts as well as their taste buds.
I made it a point to pamper all of their senses and make it a memorable summer party for all. To start with I decided to have a fun terrace party. My husband instantly pointed... But its Delhi summer honey.. !!! I had my own plans and followed them confidently....

Blowed up our summer special inflatable large swimming pool and got it ready on the terrace with cool water, aromas, petals and tea light candles around. Decorated my terrace wall with lights and charming paper lanterns. To keep it all even more cool I rented a few water fans and placed all around my DIY venue.

For seating I chose to go low floor in coloured fabrics and cushions. Had placed my wooden dining table in the corner to serve as a buffet table and decorated it with florals  and beautiful cultlery. For entertainment, we got the best of soothing music 1(spell ghazals) and simple ice breaking games. Was I  set??.... not really. My order in restaurant goofed up and refused last moment. With no other eatery ready to take such a big order and perfectionist me didn’t want to settle for anything lower than what my guests would love dining on.

5 hours left in my hand, my last resort was to land in a grocery store and pick the best easy to cook items to help myself. My heart echoed try Kitchen of India (since they took a generous space on the shelf and looked absolutely tempting). I picked up a Chicken biryani mix, a veg biryani mix, a mutton kolhapuri mix and few ready to eat packs of paneer durbari and said WOW to myself, I was quite impressed with my assortment which was very much Indian (as loved by the guests) and yet easy to cook and eat. To compliment it all I got packs of pita bread that can be toasted lightly on the spot on a electric barbeque and few light appetizers.
Got the best of juices and fresh fruits for mocktails to quench everybody’s thirst.  With generous amount of help from my husband, I was done with our home dinner menu in less than the expected time and it all tasted divine. With all the preparations completed, I felt proud of myself, the venue, food, decor everything looked spectacular. Now we waited for the guests to arrive... and here they were at dot 7:30 PM and sun set added to the whole lighting effect and earned me many compliments for my decor.

Dressed in casual summer attires, we had super fun in the pool, under the sky, with a chilled glass of mocktail in each hand and soothing ghazals playing in the background. With food ready to serve, we were happy hosts and helped our guests grab the most of the menu no matter their stomachs allow or not. They also didn’t mind as the food was incredible... thanks to Kitchens of India gourmet range!

Earned ourselves 10 on 10 from every friend who joined us that evening... they left with happy memories and cool smiles. Our effort paid off!
What an evening it was!!!... I said, glancing through that day’s photographs on my laptop.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts