Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Best companion called BROTHER !!!

It is said ‘A brother is a friend given by nature’, today I am smiling because you are my brother. Shaifi or chhotu (yes that’s what I call him) is the best brother one can ever get. It was fun growing up with someone like him - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on!!

I remember the days, we were young and used to play business,  video games or basketball on our terraceJ. There were times when whole day we used to only quarrel. The quarreling used to start with television serials. I still remember that he liked stupid WWF shows (I  guess he is still fond of it) or some cartoon series. The victim of our quarrel was the TV remote that used to fall and rise several times from the floor. The only cartoon we enjoyed together was Tom and Jerry or Duck Tales. I liked comedy movies whereas he wanted to watch action. My mother used to waste half of her energy shouting at both of us. While returning from school everyday we competed on our cycles to reach home early.

He still complaints of one fact that my birthdays were always celebrated and his only few a times (since it mostly used to fall during exam days) but still on my birthdays he was as excited as if it was his (vice versa too J)

There was a day when while studying in my room I suddenly saw my brother running towards me from the other room and hugged me tight…. Coz he was scared of some horror scene he saw on television and mom dad weren’t there… hahahaa ..

I cannot forget the sight of him with my mom’s clothes when we realised she wasn’t with us. That was the time, when our bond grew from just a brother sister bond. Whenever I used to visit home, he was one who used to be eagerly waiting for me and for the new style clothes he had asked for ….. next day slowly he would whisper ‘Appi I need that new jeans too please’. Everytime I visited home he said, ’soon I’ll also come to Delhi and we will have a lot of fun there…. ‘

Delhi came with a new excitement… when I knew now ill have my brother every time I want to see or need him. And to my belief he arrived here as brother and turned to my best friend.

A part of who I am today is because of my little brother… When I felt weak, like I couldn’t face something, he always shined the light on my strengths…..He helped me to see that I am a strong, smart, and courageous woman….. When I felt sad, he would say something hilarious and make me laugh…..He helped me to see sadness is a part of life, but you don’t have to dwell on it…. When I did not want to face something, he held my hand….He showed me that sometimes you need a united front…..We came from the same seed, but are unique...Each holds something special….We complement each other...always have and always will…Just like salt and pepper, each has their own unique taste, but you always see them together... Because that is how it is supposed to be.

It was yesterday when I realised my this little brother has grownup, may be even more than me. 
And from today to my life’s end, you are not just my brother but my life’s greatest friend.

“To the outside world, we all grow old but not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family grief and joys. We live outside the touch of time. I think people who have a brother or sister do not realise how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but they know that there is always somebody there, somebody that is family and a true friend.”

I LOVE YOU Sharfu !!!

1 comment:

  1. true:)nothing beats the bond and believe you me, as you grow up it only gets stronger and stronger... they really are true friends like no other... can't thank god enough for mine... !!!!!!!!!!
    Manisha

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts