Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

A simple breezy thought !!!



Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.~ from The Wonder Years

I believe there is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where the air is softer,  the colours are brighter and the mornings more fragrant than ever.

My garden brings these rolling thoughts....
My dad playing and running after us in the lawn while enacting the story of little red riding hood.
Me and my cousin getting up early in the morning and cross the park fences before it opens so that we can get on the tamarind tree and get our handfuls for the day. 
Me and my brother fighting over the bicycle to ride in the park. 
Picnic to the dam and mountains around with mom and dad when I used to try and pose for each picture clicked and borrow the villagers chulha to cook some delicious baatis. 
Mom watching from the balcony and cheering us up, when we used to show off our cricket skills with our neighbor friends. 
Going to farms at grandmom’s place to get bag fulls of mangoes and green grams, later hiding our share from everyone else. 
Everyone sitting with bucket full of mangoes competing to see who eats the most. 
Sketching the view from the balcony during my summer vacations. 
Climbing on dad’s shoulders to peak in the ventilator space to see if those pigeon eggs hatched in the nest on our ventilator space. 
That friendly goat who used to knock our doors every morning to get some chapatis or veggies. Those surprise rainy day leaves when our cycle speeds used to increase while coming back home, to play football  in the ground. 
Those Sunday’s when mom washes our clothes and we were buzy making bubbles using soap water………..

I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what you are going through now or whatever is happening in your life today, there is always something that you can be thankful for... no matter how simple it is. For me it’s my childhood spent with brother, mom dad and cousins….What’s your pick??

1 comment:

  1. Shadan,

    You bring this song to my mind - BACHAPAN KE DIN BEHI KAYAA DIN THE...... .

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts