Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

I miss those days... do you?


It’s the days and the memories in those days that make up our lives… but why is it that when we hear the word memories, the first thing that flashes in our minds is our childhood? I’ll tell you the reason for this today.
The millions of tiny memories of those times have helped me grow to what I am today. No matter, where I go and what I do, every question of my life and all my thoughts shape up according to what these memories have made up of me. Those small happenings at the school or at home builded up my experiences. I am thankful and grateful to Allah for giving me a loving and fun filled childhood days. Whenever any memory of that time creeps in my mind, it instantly makes me smile :) They are a treasure that no body can steal and which will never fail to make me smile.

Those were really the beautiful days… do you remember how as a child, you were fond of little things? How you used to fight over a pen or a pencil with your sibling… yet no greedy desires and no high amibitions! Simple dreams meant life to you, like a red school bag or a pink bicycle. Your future was clear as water, you knew what you wanted to be…. A doctor, engineer, teacher, pilot …no hassles and no strings! Pleasure was in small things that we tend to overlook now…

Remember the days,  when chocolates were the most precious gifts, when your biggest concern was where to hide during a hide n seek game. When all your problems  could be solved  by playing “akkad bakkad bambe bo” and “eeny miny mino mo.” When only skinned knees brought tears; when your parents were the coolest people in this world. When goodbye meant only until tomorrow; when your clothes and shoes didn’t used to match; the only race issues were who ran faster; when love went on forever  without a broken heart; when you used to think about how cool it would be to become a kid. Now  you are that big kid  and you look back  on what used to be , thinking to yourself…”I miss those days!”

It’s sad that, materialistic things have taken place of the simple sweet pleasures…. It’s sad when I see around people so buzy in life that they overlook the happiness around. Sad you forgot how to enjoy the wind on a scooter/bike coz that will spoil your hairs, sad you forgot the happiness rains used to bring along with woh kagaz ki kashti, you  forgot the hand shadow art when electricity goes off. Do you remember what fun it was to play a hide n seek game or have a pillow fight with your brother/sister. Why? Why did you stop writing your names on the hazed glass in the winters? Why did you stop doing all this?

Yet again, relook at yourself, infact look inside yourself. Hunt for your childhood innocence and notice what it has taught you. We were simpler beings then, dedicating to those memories try adding smile to the next kid you see begging on the road, or carry back a chocolate or a book for your  brother/ sister thanking them for making your childhood days so memorable... or simple stroll down the road with them and have a samosa or chaat remembering the old times or simply watch Mr. India again with them. Trust me you wont mind being a child again even for a moment **smiles :-> **




Popular Posts