Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

No one killed Jessica


Finally finally … it was Saturday when I finally watched no one killed Jessica. The cheerful girl full of life, who always stood against the wrongs around her. A motivation to be around, fun to be with! She was Jessica!!

Yes ofcourse all the characters were justified decently by the actors. Vidya, Rani convincingly portrayed their roles and were quite impressive. It was engaging no doubt..But throughout the movie the thought that bounded me was the fact that somebody actually shot the young girl coz she refused to give him a drink?????? Horrible is an understatement for this kind of incident. And to prove this, it took years… even more terrible. She was a model, was in a celebrity party, shot by a politician’s son, everything was in a limelight and it took around 7 years for the law to punish the guilty, what will be the case if similar thing happens with a common girl like you and me? We can’t expect justice at all I guess.

Almost every day I read a news in the papers about a girl being abducted and raped and the very next day the news vanishes! Ok 50% people now know that the incident happened…. then WHAT’s next?
I can bet, there won’t be even a single girl who have not been stalked by or tampered by a letcher. They are the shameless element of our society, which no body can do anything about, and girls have to suffer being girls. Even in the case of Jessica, there were people around but with no guts to stop the idiots from harassing the girl. Cowards… Truly Cowards. Hope whenever they see the mirror they can see their inability to fight against  the injustice. Am glad some from our nation did come up to help the family and get the justice. As it was said in the movie 2lac people supported the fight…. 2 lac from the population of more than 20 crores?? That’s the crass reality!!!

The fact that most of these everyday incidents happen in broad day light with people just passing by through it, avoiding it… scares me !! Am worried for the next generation too.

I have been in Delhi for quite a few years now but still sometimes I feel very helpless and lonely. Men in general don’t respect women here – neither an autodriver or a shopkeeper, nor the police and not even the mango people on the streets. Earlier these things used to haunt me now and then, but today though I have learnt to avoid it, still it makes me very uncomfortable.  I guess girls around me have accepted it like that , or may be are used to the staring eyes. Personally, I hate it… I hate the feeling of fear and helplessness. It is the same India where the people worship goddesses like Durga?? Evening if I go out alone, it feels I am in a national park and have animals roaming around staring at their potential food.

India wants to develop, but it cant… until the society develops, the thinking of the common man develops. I want to make the change in this thinking.. but how? How can I make it a land for the free and fearless females?
I pray to Allah, to now on send a new breed of real men, not only biologically but also by their deeds in true meaning of the word. India needs it badly.. !! We need a revolution, indeed a makeover !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts